A Speech-Language Pathologist works with individuals to assist them to improve and/or develop:
- Communication skills
- Swallowing function skills
- Cognitive/memory skills
Our team of dedicated and highly skilled Speech and Language Pathologists work with patients from infancy through adulthood to achieve their optimum level of independence.
Conditions and Diagnosis treated:
- Stroke / Neurological Diseases.
- Traumatic brain injury
- Swallowing (difficulty eating)
- Speech sound disorders (difficulty talking)
- Language disorders (difficulty understanding speech, reading, thinking of words and writing).
- Cognitive-Linguistic disorders (difficulty with problem solving, memory, and concentration).
- Voice disorders (i.e. hoarse, breathy, low volume)
- Stuttering or Stammering
- Speech-Language developmental disorders
- Pragmatics (the social use of language, i.e. staying on topic)
- Alternative communication systems (computerized voice, tracheotomy speaking valves)
- Hearing Loss
We provide services at two locations. Early morning and late appointments available. We accept most insurances..
SJMO Main Campus Rehab
44428 Woodward Ave
Pontiac MI 48341
Phone: 248 758.7720
Fax: 248 758.7722
SJMO White Lake Rehab Center
SJMO White Lake Rehabilitation
320 Town Center Blvd.
White Lake, MI 48386
(in the Village Lakes off Highland Road)