SJMO General Dental Resident Selection and Application Process
We welcome the applications of senior dental students who are interested in participating in an advanced, hospital oriented, educational experience. Our objective is to graduate residents who have a broadened scope of medical and dental knowledge through varied treatment experiences.
The successful candidates for our program will meet the following criteria:
- United States Citizen
- Be a graduate of a CODA accredited DDS or DMD program in the U.S.
- Board eligible or board certified by a state board or regional board in the U.S. for the practice of general dentistry
- Have a record of outstanding academic achievement in dental school and undergraduate education
- Demonstrate professionalism and ethical behavior in all activities
- Possess a desire to develop general dental skills in a hospital setting and work with patients who have special needs
- The ability to work as a team member with faculty members and the hospital staff
- A desire to give of themselves and to the community
Visiting the Hospital
We welcome anyone interested in our program to visit on one of the designated visitation days. At these times, the Directors and the Residents are available to answer questions and provide a tour of the hospital. In 2015, Saturday, May 30th at 10 am has been designated as our spring visitation and Thursday, August 6th at 9 am has been designated as our summer visitation.
So that we can be well prepared for you, please RSVP to Dr Spangler at: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Courtney Dolan, program coordinator: Courtney.email@example.com at least 5 days before the visitation date. Interviews will occur on a Saturday in early October.
The St. Joseph Mercy Oakland General Dental Residency is participating in the centralized application process known as PASS. If you wish to apply to our program, go to the PASS website (http://www.adea.org/), click on “dental education pathways” and add your personal information. Designate our program to receive your information and we will receive your application. The application deadline is October 15, 2015. Interviews will occur on Saturday, October 24th, 2015 with candidates notified soon after.
We do not participate in the National Resident Matching Program.