Did you know that Speech/language development begins before a child utters their first words? At St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, our dedicated Speech/Language Pathologists are trained to assist parents in helping their child’s communicative skills develop from infancy through school age.
Our highly experienced speech language pathologists will design a unique treatment program to help your child achieve their maximum communicative potential by successfully integrating the family, child and school.
- Oral motor movement
- Speech sound development (Articulation)
- Receptive language development (Understanding what is said)
- Expressive language development (Thinking of words, putting words into grammatically correct sentences).
- Auditory processing (What we do with what we hear)
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech (Decreased coordination for speech sound development)
- Voice disorders (Hoarse, breathy, too loud or soft speech)
- Pragmatic disorders (How we use words to communicate, eye contact, the social use of language).
- Autism Spectrum disorders
- Cleft Palate
- Down Syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Hearing impaired
- Neurological disorders
We offer a child-friendly environment, early morning and late appointments, summer programs and accept most insurances
SJMO Main Campus Rehab
44428 Woodward Ave
Pontiac MI 48341
White Lake Rehabilitation
320 Town Center Blvd.
White Lake, MI 48386
(in the Village Lakes off Highland Road)