Patient-Centered Medical Home: A Partnership between Patient and Physician
Many of our primary care offices are Patient-Centered Medical Home partnerships between the physician and his/her team and you as an informed patient. This trusting relationship serves as a "home base" for all your health care needs through all stages of your life. You have one place to call; you have greater access to services, you receive care personalized to your needs, and the care focuses on wellness and preventing disease to keep you healthy and active.
What You Can Expect from US. WE will:
- Listen to you-help you set your health care goals as we focus together on disease prevention.
- Give you clear information, explanations and directions about medicines we prescribe and treatment we provide.
- Listen to your questions and answer them clearly.
- Guard your privacy.
- When necessary, send you to specialists we know and trust.
- Provide 24-hour access to medical care and same day appointments.
- Tell you how to meet your health care needs when the office is closed.
- Strive to offer scheduling flexibility.
- Respect you as an individual.
- Give you instructions at the end of every visit about treatment goals, expectations, medicines and future plans.
- Base all care on quality and safety.
You also have responsibilities in this medical home partnership. Our Expectations of YOU are that YOU will:
- Communicate openly about your symptoms.
- Ask questions, share your feelings and be an active partner in your care.
- Learn about preventing disease, embrace wellness and make healthy choices.
- Agree on and follow your care plan.
- Take all of your medications and follow your physician's advice.
- Call the office first with all health care problems or concerns, unless it is an emergency.
- Inform us when you see other doctors and about changes in medication.
- Understand what your insurance covers
- Respect us as partners in your care.
- Let us know how we can improve our services to you.
- Pay your office visit fee when you are seen in our office.
- Understand your treatment goals and future treatment plans when you leave our office.
The SJMO Physician Network Patient-Centered Medical Home practices are: