The Elliott M. Estes Heart Institute at St. Joseph Mercy Oakland continues to be one of the most comprehensive heart programs in the country. St. Joseph Mercy Oakland is distinguished as a Thomson Reuters Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital®, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care, and the Greater Detroit Area Health Council continues to rank St. Joe as a top performing hospital.
9 Consecutive Years!
Setting us apart from other cardiovascular programs in the region is a number of key program highlights, including:
- Ranked as a Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital for performance in cardiovascular outcomes.
- State-of the art single and biplane catheterization laboratories for cardiac diagnostic and intervention, electrophysiology (EP), carotid artery stenting, and peripheral vascular procedures.
- Increased peripheral arterial disease (PAD) awareness, diagnosis and treatment in the catheterization laboratory.
- Increased peripheral limb salvage (due to PAD).
- An enhanced electrophysiology program including cardiac mapping, ablation, and cardiac device implantation.
- Percutaneous endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA).
- Expanding our borders across the state of Michigan through the use of telemedicine and participation in the Michigan Stroke Network.
The Elliot M. Estes Heart Institute offers a full spectrum of cardiovascular care, including expertise in prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research of heart and vascular disease.