Mercy Pathways TransitionCareTM represents a new level of care within the St. Joseph Mercy Oakland system. A 28-bed unit located at Orchard Hills, it is a link between hospital and home - uniquely designed for individuals who are well enough to leave the hospital but still unable to fully care for themselves at home. This includes patients who, as a result of illness or injury, have lost strength due to:
- Long-term inactivity, illness or a long hospital stay.
- A cerebral vascular accident (stroke or aneurysm, for example) or other neurological or neuromuscular disorders.
- Orthopedic surgery, joint replacement or amputation.
- Multiple trauma(such as multiple injuries from an accident)
- Major surgery.
- Cardiopulmonary condition.
Pathways offers 24-hour coverage by a board-certified physiatrist experienced in geriatrics, physical medicine and rehabilitation. A team of specialists including physicians, nurses, physical therapists and social workers provide the care and expertise for patients to become fully functioning and able to care for themselves.
Eligibility for the Pathways program is handled through the case coordinator, who evaluates each patient.
For more information
We welcome the opportunity to provide a personal tour of and consultation about Orchard Hills Living Center. Please call our director of admissions at 248-338-7151.
For further information or to make a referral, please call 248-338-7151.