Disabilities such as cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, stroke, spinal cord injuries, brain trauma and birth defects are the primary reasons why one out of every 10 long term care residents is under age 65. These individuals, who require intensive care and generally reside in a long-term care setting for longer than the typical nursing home resident, have special needs.
That is why Orchard Hills created PassagePoint, a program designed specifically for young adults.
PassagePoint benefits include:
- Companionship with others of a similar age.
- Segregated living space for young adults.
- Resident participation in program planning.
- Specially trained staff.
- Prompt, personal assessments.
- Extensive leisure activities.
- Computers for residents.
- Support groups.
- Employment and volunteer opportunities.
- Access to educational curriculums.
- Activities area with refrigerator, microwave, TV and VCR.
- Transportation for community outings.
- Close proximity to downtown Pontiac.
For more information
We welcome the opportunity to provide a personal tour and consultation of Orchard Hills Living Center. Please call our Director of Admissions at 248-338-7151.
To schedule an assessment or tour, or for more information, call 248-338-7151.