Presurgical or preprocedural medication instructions
If you are having a radiology or cardiac procedure, please bring all of your medications with you. The morning of your surgery or procedure take only medication as instructed by the nurse in your preprocedure phone call.
- If you have asthma please bring your inhaler with you.
- If you have diabetes, DO NOT take your insulin or diabetes medication the morning of your surgery or procedure.
- If you are taking a blood thinner (i.e., Coumadin) make sure that your doctor is aware of it and follow your doctor's instructions regarding the dose.
Parking and Directions
- You may valet park at the main hospital entrance off Woodward Avenue or park in the Visitor Parking lot at the corner of Woodward Avenue and Bassett Street (enter the lot off Bassett Street which is south of the hospital). There is a shuttle to take patients and visitors to the hospital entrance.
- Enter the hospital through the lobby/visitor entrance and proceed to the "B" elevators.
- Take the "B" elevators to the second floor.
- Enter the Surgical Center registration area (adjacent to the elevators)
If you have any questions regarding your future stay or our surgical or procedural process, please call and speak with us at 248-858-6755. We look forward to caring for you.